Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 75 (CD 122)


It's been 2 weeks since my last update! School has had me too busy to even breathe these past few days. The semester's almost over and I've got a bunch of papers to write and finals to prepare for. I wouldn't be all that surprised if I took another 2 weeks to do another update. We'll see how it goes.

As far as what's happening in my cycle, I'm still sleeping in total darkness although I'm looking forward to doing something different and turning on the lights in 2 weeks! I can't believe that by then it will have already been 3 months of sleeping in total darkness. I still haven't ovulated and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll happen by then, or then, but with all this school related stress crossing my fingers just might not do it.

I'm still spotting, but it seems to be almost over. Hopefully if it is, it'll stay over because last time I thought I was done it started up again 3 days later.

On 11/29 (Monday) I was really sick with some sort of stomach virus and kept throwing up although I didn't eat a thing all day. My husband and I ate the same exact food the day before and he seemed totally fine. I have really no idea what happened. I woke up about an hour before my alarm rang to temp and I kept trying to go back to sleep but couldn't. When my alarm finally did ring, I didn't even bother temping because I knew it wasn't going to be accurate. On Tuesday, although I slept well, you can see that I still had a pretty high temp of 97.9. So I'm attributing it to the stomach bug even though on Tuesday I was only nauseous and had only a bowl of some creamy soup at night. It's funny, it seems that after I had that stomach virus my temps have been fighting to stay up and are zigzagging between the low and mid 97 degree range. I think my hormone's are starting to stabilize and that's probably why the spotting/flow is stopping. Looks like the stomach bug cleared what ever was bugging my system!

I think I'm going to start looking for another solution for darkening my room. The cardboard is driving me mad because I'm having a harder and harder time making it stay up. In the beginning the cardboard will fit all nice and snug in the window and within a week or two it won't stay up by itself anymore. For my windows I use 2 pieces and I've been having to pin one to the other. If Lunaception works, I'm definitely going to find a more sturdy solution. For now though I don't want to waste money on something that I don't really know will work for me. I'm trying to think of cheap alternatives and have thus far come up with none. Maybe I should take a trip down to the arts and crafts store....

4 comments:

  1. My first month with the light on was interesting. It was hard to sleep, since I've used to the darkness now. My temp didn't go up when I had the light on (which happened to coincide with the full moon. Darn!), but it did increase 2 weeks later the day after the new moon. This has happened to me several times in the last two years. I was sleeping in darkness and charting, but not using the lighting technique 3 days a cycle. It's almost as if --if your body misses the first lunar phase, it will try to catch up at the next one.

    At my old apartment, I used those light-blocking curtains. They worked well. Now I have blinds plus I live in a really dark area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa, thanks for stopping by again!

    I'm curious to know if you feel like lunaception did anything for you. Do you regularly turn on the lights for 3 nights a cycle? If so, did your cycle become 29 days longs (most if not all the time) like Louise Lacey promises?

    I would love to hear back from you! I'm dying for some positive testimonials lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was only my first month sleeping with the light on, so it's too early to tell. Louise said it took four months for her cycle to become a regular 29 days, but everyone is different. I didn't sleep well, PLUS I was traveling for Thanksgiving, so it wasn't the ideal environment for my experiment. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes next time around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea I think it takes a while for your body to start responding to the lights, and Louise admits that even on Lunaception, stress can throw your cycles off.

    and please do stop by to let me know of any updates!

    ReplyDelete