Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 91 (CD 138)




Freedom!!! The semester is finally over! I took my last final on Monday and was glad to be done.

Despite the Christmas madness that is going on right now, I wanted to make sure to find some time for an update; and so here it is....

My chart just gets tinier and tinier by the day, even if you click on it to open it up on another page, so I've cropped it to show that last couple of weeks better. the 3 check marks in a row are the nights I used the night-light, the 1 check mark above that is the full moon, the 1 check mark below that to the far left is the new moon, and the shaded in boxes are the days I had EWCM.

I finally stopped spotting after 2 months and something. I'm still not quite sure why it just stopped. I got what I think was a stomach bug for about 1-2 days and then for the next couple of days my temps were higher, but fluctuating a lot, and then when my temps settled down again, I stopped spotting. If you look at my chart you can see that right before I started with the bleeding my temps fluctuated a lot too only they dropped. It has to be either the hormones or my thyroid. Maybe they were trying to stabilize after I got sick. Or maybe it was the change of hormones that made me sick...who knows...

My 3 months of darkness are up! This past full moon I slept with my night-light on (which was a lunar eclipse I might add, and on the winter solstice, a feat that hasn't happened in 350 years! I think they predict though that the next one is going to be in 2092 or something...It still made me feel kind magical though, as if this was the perfect time to start fully practicing Lunaception lol). I did have a hard time sleeping the first and the second nights and I woke up pretty often and pretty tired. I even marked the temperature from the morning after the first night of light as disturbed because I felt like it was higher than the rest because of my restless sleep. The third night I dimmed the lights a little more and slept all the way through.

My temperature seemed higher those 3 days and I wonder if it was because of the light. I'll have to wait to verify but I think it was, because I also had Egg-White Cervical Mucus (EWCF) the days following the light which is great!! +1 for lunaception. So the light certainly did something! It didn't cause ovulation this cycle...yet...but this gives me hope for future cycles that ovulation will happen with in the nights I use the light. I'm almost tempted to sleep with the night-light on for another night to see if I ovulate. I'm scared that going back to darkness is going to delay it further. At CD 138, I'm ready to get a move on.

As far as symptoms go, I have been feeling unusually energetic through out the day and I've been very productive. Maybe it's just coincidence, but I felt like it was worth noting. Possible theories: Maybe the night-light = higher temps = better thyroid function = more energy. There are studies that show that your basal temperature is a good indicator of your thyroid health. Low temps are a very good sign of hypothyroidism and high temps of hyperthyroidism. If not that then maybe ovulation is near and I get more energized around that time.

I want to wish all of my readers a very merry Christmas/holidays and a happy new-year!!!! I hope you all get what you wanted. I'm dying to open my presents...I feel like a little kid lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment