Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 38 (CD 86)


Today is day 38 of Lunaception. My cycle has pretty much been the same. Still haven't ovulated, still having anovulatory bleeding. The bleeding has gotten heavier and I'd say it's at a medium flow. It's been going on for 16 days now non-stop. If it turns into something like the other times this happened, I'm going to shoot myself. November 2008 and sometime in 2005 I started having this same anovulatory bleeding and it went on NON-STOP for 6 months!! Dr.s did a whole bunch of tests and and all tests came back fine. So they told me to wait it out or take birth control (grrrrrr) I don't see how birth control would have "fixed" my cycle irregularity since you don't actually have a cycle on it. You don't ovulate on it and no ovulation means no REAL period which all means no REAL cycle. That bleeding you get at the end of a pack....it's not your period because again, you didn't ovulate. It's withdrawal bleeding from not taking any hormones that week. When people invented the pill they wanted to make it look as natural as possible and if women didn't get what they thought was their period, they would have hesitated to start taking it, remember the pill was absolutely revolutionary and novel at that time, so they put a week's worth of those sugar pills in there give you that hormone withdrawal bleeding and make you think it was your period. Not cool. Birth control impedes your body's natural rhythm of its reproductive cycles and that just doesn't sit well with me either. Plus putting all those artificial hormones into your body is another negative for me. I'll post some sites when I have the time regarding this information.

As promised here are some links:

How the pill really works:

The fascinating story of the pill:
https://www.seasonique.com/about/the-real-story-of-the-pill/
http://science.jrank.org/pages/63321/The-Pill.html

The "Pill Period"
https://www.seasonique.com/about/what-is-a-pill-period/
http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/7876.html

How do birth control pills work?
http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/0663.html
http://www.wisegeek.com/how-do-birth-control-pills-work.htm

The answer to: Can you have a period without ovulating?
http://www.ivillage.com/ovulation-can-you-have-period-without-ovulating/6-n-145810

* It's useful to note that what applies here to birth control pills, really applies to all hormonal contraceptives because they all have the same job of preventing ovulation.

hmmm....maybe I'll post these to the right too....I feel like a lot of women don't know a whole lot about the pill and nobody explains to them that you're not having a real menstrual cycle

On another note, this weekend I'm going on a women's retreat with my church. I'm really not sure what I'm going to do about the whole sleeping in darkness thing. I think Friday and Saturday I'll just have to sleep with only an eye mask on. Hopefully it won't be too bright in the room and it won't be that big of a deal that my body isn't immersed in darkness like it's supposed to be. I'm going to have the same prob. when I go to Canada in 2 weeks, except it'll be for 3 days then. I'm going with friends and we aren't staying in a hotel (so no black out curtains). Even if I could make my provisions to ensure a dark room, I really don't feel like explaining the whole lunaception thing. Hopefully I'll be able to take my temperature. I normally temp at 5:30 am and my alarm goes off then. I hope my friends don't mind. I'll probably have to explain to them that it's my birth control (I'm anticipating the puzzled looks when they see that I'm equating my thermometer with birth control lol). That would probably lead into a long conversation about FAM. *Sigh*. I love FAM but I've explained it a lot of times and don't feel like doing so again at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment